Q: I am getting an RXTX Error in Processing
This has to do with the JAVA support for RXTX (Serial communication, in this case with teh XBee). In order to make this work, you need to change some files depending on the platform that you are using. Follow the following simple steps:
- Download RXTXcomm for your platform http://jlog.org/rxtx.html
- Place the DLL files in your processing program folder: "processingProgramFolder"\java\bin\
- Place RXTXComm.jar in the Lithne library \lib folder
Q: I am getting an error in Processing regarding the incorrect installation of the Lithne library
- Remove the core.jar from the Lithne Library
Q: I am getting an error in Processing about 'competing libraries'
- Remove the serial.jar from the Lithne Library
Q: I am getting an error in Processing about 'log4j'
- copy the log4j.jar and log4j.properties from the Lithne library to your sketchfolder and name them datalog4j.jar and datalog4j.properties
Q: I am getting a compile error in Processing for OSx Maverics
Remove the existing core.jar en serial.jar from the library folder and replace them by http://jlog.org/v4/macosx/mac-10.5/RXTXcomm.jar and http://jlog.org/v4/macosx/mac-10.5/librxtxSerial.jnilib also perform the previous step.